Monday, September 4, 2006

September 4, 2006 - BALA FALLS; Bala, Ontario









Bala Falls is the one waterfall that has always sparked my interest in waterfalls to begin with. When we used to vacation in Nobel, Ontario (just north of Parry Sound) my folks would always take a day trip to Bala Falls where we would sit amongst the rocks in the waterfalls. It was a great time then but it seems to have changed from when I was younger. I don't recall the dam at the top and it seems that the volume of water that used to flow isn't there anymore. There is evidence that they were much more majestic at one point in time as the erosion of the rocks confirmed this. I would've loved to have gotten different angle shots of this waterfall but for some reason there seemed to be many people all scattered about and I am not a fan of snapping pictures with groups of people standing in the background. One reason being I am not a fan of unknown people in the background of a "picture of purpose" (RE: the waterfall) and secondly - I don't think these unknown people would appreciate an "unknown person" (RE: Me) taking their picture.

No comments: